Monday, September 25, 2006

"Expanding into a new country" equals "Start-up"

When people ask what I do, I tell them I focus on start-ups in 2 areas. But, isn't my company name "expand abroad" which is related to countries, not start-ups?

You are correct. It comes down to a bit of a nuance. Of course I work with the "standard" start-up that involves someone trying to start a company here in the States. The other focus is when one wants to do the start-up of starting a business in a new country.

Yes, I am calling expanding into a new country a start-up. Basically what you are doing is trying to start doing business in a new country, so you effectively are a start-up in that geography.

And many of the things that I have said about start-ups (such as Rick's Law) hold true whether you are starting up a local business or entering a new market.

Of course there are some difference. But I think there are more similarities than differences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home